Since I do a level 6 on Allie's base I had to use bleach when doing the ombre. The bleach will cut through the color.
- First I sectioned her hair into 5 sections.
- Teased up each section!!!! The bigger the better!!!! The teasing allows the bleached pieces to fall naturally as if allie's color grew out!
- Next I brushed on the bleach starting from the back sections. The tricks here were to place the bleach right under where the teasing stopped, to use the side of the brush for a natural look, and then using a dry brush to take of any extra globs of bleach.
- Now I added foils to the bleach for it to process.
- Then I kept a close eye on the bleach, checking it every few minutes until it was at the perfect golden color! And boy did I loveeeee the color!!!
I love the look of soft waves with ombre! I blowdryed the hair with volume by using Paul Mitchell's Awaphui Ginger Whip, which gives the hair a soft hold. I also used the Paul Mitchell Volumizing Spray on her roots for an extra little lift! I used a medium round brush to create body while blowdrying. Once her hair was dry I went in with a LARGE 1 1/2 inch curling iron. I took big sections and I sprayed each curl with Moroccan Oil Luminous Spray for a medium workable hold. After curling I used my fingers to brush the curls out a bit for a softer look then finished of with a little for Moroccan Oil Spray. Allie LOVVVED the end results....and so did I!